ANC Deputy General Secretary Jesse Duarte has shown how sexual harassment at Luthuli House is endemic.
At a ruling party women's dialogue on Thursday evening, Duarte said she was shocked by the growing number of toxic masculinities in society.
This is due to sexual harassment and rape allegations against two leading ANC leaders, Zizi Kodwa and Pule Mabe.
The two men were forced to abandon their role as party teachers after women came out for misconduct.
Mabe is accused of sexual harassment by his former personal assistant Kgoerano Kekana, while a rape claim has been filed against Kodwa, who is also head of the ANC Presidential Office.
Ms. Duarte talked to women and said that Luthuli House had a "difficult" time, and the ANC decided to hold workshops to talk about sexual harassment in the workplace.
"We have decided to do what ANC does best, gather all and talk about how we can solve this problem we have here in the workplace, the perception of sexual harassment or sexual harassment realities no problem. "
Shocking things had come from the workshops, she said.
She explained what male comrades said at a Wednesday meeting: "They think the women are molested, we get photos and phone calls every day, and we're also sexual[ly] harassed by women ".
Duarte added that she has been shown pictures of women using the ANC staff at Luthuli House.
"The most un-democratic thing we found was the Tweets, WhatsApp and Facebook, co-sexual harassment on all sides, everyone does it with everyone else, how can we stop it, how do we discourage it?"
She encouraged women to engage in sexual harassment in the workplace and to be activists.
"We have the laws, thank you very much, it's time for implementation, and our voices need to be heard."
Last year, Kekana presented a 14-page letter describing alleged sexual harassment as she worked with Mabe.
She alleged that Mabe had forced herself into bed on two occasions earlier this year, adding that after she had rejected his advances, Mabe had been abused by the ANC's national spokesman as his assistant.
Kekana, who has expressed some dissatisfaction with how the ANC dealt with her complaint regarding sexual harassment, has already stated that she will take further steps, including rapprochement with the CCMA. Mabe has rejected her claims.
In February, Duarte confirmed that the party had received a letter accusing her of rape against Kodwa. She said the party had advised the complainant to bring her case to law enforcement.
Kodwa has vehemently denied the allegations and classified them as factual. He also said he would consult with his lawyers on another path.
Both Kodwa and Mabe would remain active in Luthuli House and were not formally suspended. News24 reported.
– FOLLOW News24 on twitter